Congratulation to everyone who took part in the Whole Life Challenge! If you made any positive changes in your life that you will carry forward, you are a winner! These members worked really hard over the last 8 weeks making life changes to nutrition, working out, mobilizing and healthy lifestyle choices. Please congratulate them next time you see them in the gym. The top 3 winners for the Spring 2014 Whole Life Challenge are:
- Mike Read
- Phillip Buchanan
- Madeleine Christie
I would also like to recognize Paul Acheson for the most improvement on the workout - he improved by 24 reps! If you would like to share your experience with the rest of the Zone family, please do a quick little write up and email it to me email@example.com
The next Whole Life Challenge begins September 12th, 2014
- On the strength component, put 5-10lbs more on the bar compared to the last time we worked on a 5x5 for front squats
- Grace is meant to be a sprint! Choose a weight that you are able to complete in under 10 minutes, preferably under 5 min. Top Grace scores are sub 2 min, to give you an idea of how fast you should be moving.
- With these sprint workouts, it is very important to put technique/form first for safety and efficiency.
- Every rep should look as perfect as your first. If you notice your form degrading, take a break or take some weights off the bar.
- The WOD is described as clean and jerk, but you are welcome to do a shoulder press, push press, push jerk or split jerk to get the weight overhead. The requirements are from ground to overhead in two movements.
- Let's see the Weekly PR board fill up!