Get ready for a CrossFit Benchmark week. Pick and choose which workouts you want to try and compete and hit a PR in and which wods will be regular training workouts. If you want to go hard on a couple of workout, take the workouts in between as active recovery workouts and scale or go easy. Monday - Diane (21-15-9 Deadlifts & HSPU`s) Wednesday - Grace (30 Clean and Jerks) Thursday - Jackie (Row 1000M, 50 Thrusters, 30 Pullups) Friday - DT (5 rounds of 12 Deadlifts, 9 Hang Power clean, 6 Push jerks)
Make sure to record your workout scores and put any PR`s on the Weekly PR board!Coaches Notes:
- This workout is meant to be a quick sprint, so make sure to scale appropriately so that you complete it under 10 minutes.
- Choose a deadlift weight that is no more than 75% of your 1RM.
- Use a hook grip on your deadlifts to help you string more deadlift reps together before having to rest.
- Rest at the top of the deadlift and make sure to reset the core and back before lowering back to the ground. Touch and go reps! It takes less energy to keep the weight moving compared to stopping and starting on each rep.
- Break up the handstand pushups into small sets and minimize going to failure on any sets no matter how strong you are feeling. It will bite you in the butt later on in the workout when you are stringing singles together.
- If you are scaling the HSPU`s and did HSPU`s up against a wall last time, use a box this time around. It is always good to mix it up so you are getting the full ROM.