White sugar and white flour…can both cause tremendous inflammation. Stick with natural alternatives like nuts for that sweet kick.
1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1 c walnuts
¼ tsp gray sea salt or pink rock salt
½ c pitted Medjool dates
3 firm avocados
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
½ c raw honey
Pinch of gray sea salt or pink rock salt
Kiwi or lime slices as desired
1. PROCESS the coconut, walnuts, and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
2. ADD the dates and process until the mixture resembles break crumbs and begins to clump together.
3. PRESS into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate using the back of a spoon or your fingers.
4. PLACE the crust in a freezer for 15 minutes.
5. PROCESS all the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
6. POUR the filling into the piecrust. Set in fridge for 20 minutes.
7. GARNISH with fresh slices or kiwi fruit or thin slices of lime.
NUTRITION (per serving) 390 cal, 5 g pro, 37 g carb, 8 g fiber, 26 g sugars, 28 g fat, 9 g sat fat, 70 mg sodium
Recipe by Julie Daniluk